- Q: I have a question regarding advanced Wendy's weakness, which reads: "Remove all non-weakness cards in your discard pile from the game. If no cards were removed by this effect, shuffle this card back into your deck. Otherwise, take 3 direct horror." Does that "otherwise" mean that you take 3 horror if you removed cards from your discard? Or is it that you take 3 horror if you have no more cards to remove and you can't shuffle it back to your deck? A: To answer your question(s):
- The short answer: you will take 3 horror if you removed at least 1 card from the game with this effect.
- The longer answer: when you draw this card, it presents you with a command: remove all non-weakness cards in your discard pile from the game. You would do this, then look at the rest of the card for a follow-up. If you didn’t remove anything, you’d shuffle Abandoned and Alone back into your deck; but if you did remove at least one card—the “otherwise” condition--you take the 3 direct horror.
顯現 - 將你棄牌堆中所有非弱點卡牌移出遊戲。如果此效果沒有移出任何卡牌，將此卡牌混洗回你的牌堆。否則，受到3點直接恐懼。
If I am reading this correctly, the direct horror is only taken if Abandoned and Alone wasn't shuffled in. If so, it might have been a little clearer to word this card as:
If there are no non-weakness cards in your discard pile, shuffle this card back into your deck. Otherwise, remove all non-weakness cards in your discard pile from the game and take 3 direct horror.
- 3 horror instead of 2.
- Doesn't remove weaknesses from the game.
- If nothing is removed, shuffle it into your deck instead of taking horror.
The first is rather obvious in impact, and will usually be the most relevant. The second mostly means you can't cheese away other weaknesses and is bad, but primarily relevant if you're cycling through your deck again.
The third is actually somewhat mixed. With the original Abandoned and Alone, if you had an empty deck you would keep drawing it over and over until you die. Including the horror from drawing from an empty deck, that's 3 horror every turn. Given that it also removes cards from your deck from the game, it could result in an accelerated death spiral. Unlikely, but possible. With this version, if you never have anything to remove, it always shuffles back into your deck with no effect. You'll therefore never draw from an empty deck again, which also means not seeing your other weaknesses again. It will still eat up a draw, though.
Of course, if you have either Wendy's Amulet|(Advanced) in play, all your events will get shuffled back regardless, so you could simply cycle through some number of events over and over, never again drawing any weakness already. And if you hit the original early, you could get away with exiling nothing but weaknesses. This one you can't avoid that way.
Overall, significantly worse, harder to cheese, but you can possibly delay taking the horror indefinitely if you need to (by having nothing your discard pile). The question is: Is that worth being able to play non-top events via the advanced Wendy's Amulet?